Support Families in need during the Covid-19 Outbreak
With the outbreak of COVID-19, we face an unprecedented challenge in this country. There is a lot we do not know, but there are some elements we can be sure of as they relate to families who are housing unstable, experiencing homelessness, or at risk of losing their homes.
First are the immediate factors for families who are homeless, doubled up, or staying in motels amidst our health crisis:
- Housing instability limits access to hygiene; families facing homelessness are not always able to secure cleaning products, sanitizers, etc. Panic buying only exacerbates this.
- The stress of housing instability and lack of access to nutrition and wellness make families more susceptible to disease.
- Families cannot effectively avoid infected individuals.
- The process of getting housing involves meetings, visiting apartments, securing benefits; all of these are considerably more difficult to do virtually, even if the families can go online.
“Historically, our Affiliate has weathered many storms. Since opening our doors in 2001, we’ve survived Superstorm Sandy, the 2008 collapse of Wall Street and so much more together with our faith leaders. Now, more than ever, we stand firm on our faith and have developed a comprehensive plan to ensure the safety of our volunteers, staff and families during this pandemic.”
Sadly 1000+ Individuals, 239+ Families and more than 700+ vulnerable children remain on our emergency shelter waiting list! This number is expected to rapidly skyrocket! As the only emergency shelter for children& their families, we are working collaboratively with federal, state & local officials; as well as our interfaith leaders, educational & business communities to help families in need.
While we are not able to physically come together, now is the time to
show solidarity in the protection of our most vulnerable families. We
believe one of the best ways to share the promise is by donating food,
supplies and funding to amplify our work. You and your family can also
reach out to local lawmakers to ensure they pledge and seek legislation,
to support vulnerable families, and mitigate the impact on those at
risk of homelessness.
Here’s How You Can Help?
We are a community-wide response to family homelessness.
- Donate Groceries/Cleaning Supplies
- Volunteer for Family Promise’s Online Learning Acadmey
- Donate unused space such as; motor homes, vacant rental property, houses of worship, etc.
Join our social media movement #ShareThePromise
Support our prevention, stabilization & Emergency Shelter efforts by making a tax deductible donation to Family Promise of Monmouth County.
Call us 732-495-1050
Family Promise of Monmouth County © All rights reserved